41 writers. One cause. We've rallied a platoon of crime, western, thriller, fantasy, noir, horror and transgressive authors to support PROTECT's important work: lobbying for legislation that protects children from physical, sexual, and emotional abuse.

Powerful stories from George Pelecanos, Andrew Vachss, Joe R. Lansdale, Charles de Lint, Ken Bruen, Chet Williamson, James Reasoner, Charlie Stella, Michael A. Black, Wayne Dundee, Roxane Gay, Ray Banks, Tony Black, Les Edgerton and 16 more, with 100% of proceeds going to PROTECT.

Monday, October 24, 2011

a little about... Seamus Bellamy

Seamus wrote the excellent crime tale Larry for the anthology and has one of the coolest Twitter avatars in existence.







What inspired your story?
I don't remember much of my own childhood, so getting into the headspace to write a tale told through the eyes of a child has always proved difficult for me. That said, I've known a lot of individuals on both sides of the law that came from broken homes, abusive parents and worse. That, I can write about.


What makes this cause important to you?
For our society to become something we can be proud of, it falls on each one of us to do what we can to protect our fellows. Who could be more worthy of protection than a child? The very least I can do to this end is turn my pen towards making some cash to help keep kids safe.


A little bit about myself
After attending university, I spent over a decade working in private industrial security and intelligence. Close to two years ago, I packed it in, to peruse my passion: writing. These days you can find my work in the pages of Maximum PC, PC Gamer, Mac|Life and TabTimes (launching this fall). I've also penned two books: Joomla for Dummies (second edition), as well as the second edition of Drupal for Dummies, which was co-written with Lynn Beighley. When my tech writing schedule allows for it, I plunk away at my first novel. I reckon it'll be ready when it's ready. You can catch up to me through my website www.seamusbellamy.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Seamus for your thoughts. It's also super to learn more about you and all the other writers who have been so kind with their time and talents for this project.

    ReplyDelete