41 writers. One cause. We've rallied a platoon of crime, western, thriller, fantasy, noir, horror and transgressive authors to support PROTECT's important work: lobbying for legislation that protects children from physical, sexual, and emotional abuse.

Powerful stories from George Pelecanos, Andrew Vachss, Joe R. Lansdale, Charles de Lint, Ken Bruen, Chet Williamson, James Reasoner, Charlie Stella, Michael A. Black, Wayne Dundee, Roxane Gay, Ray Banks, Tony Black, Les Edgerton and 16 more, with 100% of proceeds going to PROTECT.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

a little about... Luca Veste

This is the first in a series of posts about the contributors to our collection. Luca's story "Waiting" appears in The Lost Children: A Charity Anthology.


What inspired your story?

It comes from a personal event, extrapolated to an inordinate amount. I've been that child waiting at a window for a parent, and it stays with you forever. It's possibly the most personal thing I'll ever write, but on seeing the incredible image that was used as a prompt, this story just wouldn't budge from my mind.


What makes this cause important to you?

Anything to help children and I'm there. As a father, the most important thing in my life is my children, so anything I can do to help children who possibly don't have that same support as my own children, I'll help any way I can.


Tell us a bit about yourself and where to find more of your writing.

I'm a Husband and Father of two daughters. I'm a mature student studying Criminology and Psychology. I review books on my Guilty Conscience ( http://guiltyconscienceblog.blogspot.com ) site, and turned my hand to writing a few months ago. I released a collection of short stories in October, titled 'Liverpool 5', published by Trestle Press. I've had stories at Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers and the forthcoming Paul D. Brazill Anthology 'Brit Grit 2'.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Luca for being part of this amazing project. I can't wait to read the stories all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an honour. Looking forward to seeing it in full :)

    ReplyDelete